- NIST-traceable calibration certificate
- Multi-function 4.5 digit liquid crystal display with 0.500 inch numerals, backlit for use in poor light conditions.
- Measurements displayed in inches, inches/microsecond, millimeters, and meters/second.
- Measures from 0.025 to 6.000 inches (0.60 to 150.0 millimeters) - switch to select English or metric units.
- Four readings per second for single point measurements.
- 8 pre-set velocities and 2 custom velocities
- Ability to change between velocities without the use of computer software
- 5 Year Warranty
- IP 65 Rated
TI-25SX has 8 preset velocities and 2 custom velocities. User can customize for specific applications or tune the calibration to be optimized for a specific type of material. Press the "MATL" key to toggle through velocities (see below).
The List of Preset Velocities include:
- Aluminum 2024 (0.251 in/µs)
- Stainless Steel 303 (0.223 in/µs)
- Steel 4340 (0.233 in/µs)
- Cast Iron (0.179 in/µs)
- Plexiglass (0.106 in/µs)
- PVC (0.094 in/µs)
- Polystyrene (0.092 in/µs)
- Polyurethane (0.070 in/µs)
- Custom 1
- Custom 2
Note: Custom 1 & 2 are set using the PC software (free) & downloaded to the gauge using the optional, p/n N-306-0010 data cable.
10 User-Selected Material Types
Each time the "Matl" key is pressed, the material type (calibration setting of the acoustic velocity) changes from one type to the other. The abbreviations, description and sequence is shown below.
*Note: If the Custom 1 & 2 are needed, they are set using the PC software (free) & downloaded to gauge using the data cable (optional, p/n N-306-0010)
|Range in Steel||0.025-6.00" (0.60-150.0 mm) Will vary in other materials|
|Resolution||.001" (0.01 mm)|
|Velocity Range||0.0120 to .7300 in/μs. 305 to 18,542 meters/sec|
|Dimensions||2.5" W x 5.17" H x 1.25" D (inches)|
|Display||4½ - Digit, 0.5" Backlit LCD|
|Probe||1/4", 5 MHz Dual Element Transducer, actual wearface is 5/8" (17 mm)
Probe P/N: T-102-3300
|Cable||4 ft. (1.2 m) waterproof cable with non-polarized, quick-disconnect connectors. Optional lengths up to 50 ft. (15 m).|
|Temp. Limits||Ambient: -20 to 120° F (-30 to 75° C)
Material: 0 to 200° F (-20 to 100° C)
Special high temperature probes are optionally available.
|Battery Type||Two AA batteries.|
|Battery Life||45 hours continuous use.|
|Weight||11 ounces (308 g)|
|Accessories Included||Probe/cable assembly. 4 oz. bottle of coupling fluid, NIST Calibration Certificate, 2 AA batteries, operating instructions, hard-plastic carrying case.|
Gauge: 5 Years
Probes: 90 Days
|Minimum Radius for Convex Surfaces||0.350" (8.89 mm)|
|Minimum Radius for Concave Surfaces||3" (76.2 mm)|
|Minimum Headroom||1" (25.0 mm)|
|Minimum Sample Diameter||0.150" (3.8 mm)|